ANIMAL EXCLUSION SERVICES
At Critter Control of NW Washington, our team makes use of several effective methods of habitat modification and exclusion to prevent wildlife from entering your home or property. Habitat modification entails identifying and limiting access to food, water, and/or shelter for the specific species of animal. Techniques include various methods of repairs such as; sealing entry points, installing screening over vents, or establishing other barriers to prevent the intrusion from wildlife.
Due to the various species and their habits, some exclusion techniques may be more effective than others. Identification of the intruder is key to any exclusion technique. Our team of trained Wildlife Management professionals can quickly and accurately diagnose the type of critter you are dealing with, and the severity of their presence, as well as implement a plan of action to ensure an infestation will not happen again.
- Improper control techniques are common flaws people make and can cause more harm than good by creating a situation where an animal has learned to avoid traps and baits.
- The wildlife professionals at Critter Control of NW Washington have the experience and training to quickly identify the animal causing your problem and develop an effective plan of defense.
Excluding wildlife from an area of your home or property that is being damaged can be the best approach to more permanent wildlife control. While trapping does solve your current animal infestation issues, it does not address the risks still posed by future invaders. Our team is able to locate all points of animal entry and implement repair and exclusion techniques, that reduce the chances of future animal infestation and damage to your home and property.
At Critter Control of NW Washington, our professional wildlife technicians will find existing or potential points of entry created by unwanted wildlife. From squirrels or raccoons in the attic, bats in the eaves, mice in the walls, rats in the basement, to skunks under your deck, all of these animals get there because they were able to find a way in, and it’s our job to fix that issue for you. We implement our prevention strategies to ensure the elimination of recurrent wildlife invasions. Some of our techniques include:
ANIMAL EXCLUSION POINTS:
- Chimney : Adding chimney caps and screening can prevent animals from falling in or nesting
- Plumbing Vents : Animals seeking shelter can become stuck in plumbing pipes
- Roof & Fascia Spaces : Poorly sealed points between roof & fascia invite animal entry
- Roof Vents : Lightweight, flimsy vents should be replaced with heavy secure roof vents
- Oven & Bathroom Exhaust Vents : Adding screening to vents helps keep animals out
- Roof/Soffit Intersection : Securing gaps will help prevent animal chewing and entry
- Holes in Siding : Repairing & reinforcing holes will discourage animal infestation
- Porch & Deck : Durable screening around base prevents nesting animals
- Trees & Landscaping : Removal of overhanging tree limbs and encroaching vegetation
While some wild animals appear small and harmless, it is important to remember there are many dangers associated with wild animals. From diseases and parasites to painful bites, a wildlife encounter can become a serious health risk. To protect yourself and your family, call a Critter Control of NW Washington, trained professional to inspect all wildlife issues.
Call Critter Control of NW Washington today at 888.521.4360 to schedule your inspection!